Tuesday, September 22, 2009

October 6 Dysrythmia flier




By Brian (last name not known) at Black Lodge Video.
Edit: I guess you have to click on it if you wanna see the whole image.

I got into Dysrhytmia a bunch during my freshmen year of college, but I've never gotten around to actually watching them play, so I'm looking forward to this. We've played the Black Lodge Microdome before, and it's a cool, intimate kinda setting. If you get thirty people in there, it's packed, which is nice because it's a safe bet you're gonna be playing to a packed room. I'm sure some people will not be able to get into this, which is a nice thought, even though it's still gonna be a pretty small crowd.

Last weekend, the Unbeheld played two shows with Dark Castle from Florida and Sons of Tonatiuh from Atlanta. We played Little Rock and Memphis, which were both good shows, particularly the Memphis show. I notice that, particularly when we do these Sunday night Buccaneer shows, which this last Memphis show was, we're getting lots of local bartenders and the like; people who are in bars and around live music every night of the week. It's a good feeling to see that, even with the night off from their respective bars, these folks are still coming out and watching us play. It feels nice to be playing in something that has integrity and is enjoyed by people who I would call my peers, and people who are older than me. People with real tastes, as opposed to kids who will swallow anything you shove in their faces. I've been getting lots of good feedback about the show when I've gone out in the past week, and it gets me really excited to record this full length we're going in to do in a couple weeks. I've been listening to lots of stuff that I want to seep into my playing, and just getting overall pumped.

Ok, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment